Mind Oasis Social Media Intern
About Mind Oasis
Mind Oasis (a 501c3 nonprofit) is a warm, welcoming, vibrant online meditation community founded in 2017. Our mission is to share the timeless benefits of meditation and mindfulness practices with people worldwide. Our organization provides gathering spaces and connection for any person who is interested in meditation or mindfulness, regardless of affiliation. Mind Oasis is uniquely positioned to achieve its vision as an oasis of compassion, and a potent antidote to stress and isolation. Our organization operates as a co-created community, with a range of accessible online and in-person offerings, that create global spaces of well-being. Mind Oasis’ offerings include daily live online guided meditation sessions, fee-based classes, and engaging content and events.
Mind Oasis is an international nonprofit looking for an eager intern to support our growing business needs during the 2021-22 spring semester. We are looking for a motivated and talented individual to join our team. The goal of this program is to help further develop your social media skills in a professional work environment. As an intern, you will be working closely with our Chief Operating Officer who will provide you with real hands-on projects and daily tasks that use social media platforms to promote and manage the brand image of Mind Oasis, as well as advertising through social media channels. Interns will be able to apply classroom based knowledge to projects and gain essential skills needed to be career ready.
Mind Oasis is dedicated to developing successful leaders, and we strive to make this internship as rich and educational as possible. This is a remote position with a flexible schedule.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and grow social media presence/profiles
- Monitor and assist with paid advertising campaigns
- Moderate comments across social media profiles
- Utilize social media profiles to promote Mind Oasis classes, workshops, and events
- Maintain, post, and update social media profiles such as Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube with appropriate and appealing content
- Assist with social media analytics and reporting
- Assist in loading/producing stories
- Create social media graphics or find relevant images
- Help develop strategies for capturing target audience and current customer engagement
- With COO, set goals and develop strategies for meeting them
Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education
- Advanced knowledge of popular social media platforms from a brand perspective
- Demonstrated success in using the required social media platforms, either through personal or other company accounts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to capture brand voice
- Highly organized
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Google Suites
- Proficient in Hootsuite or a similar content scheduling program
- Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in an accredited college or university in marketing, communications, or related field of study
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- 5 hours a week starting ASAP
- Enjoy meditation classes and fee-based programs during your tenure
Submit resume, letter of interest, and three (3) samples of content you have created here. Reports to Chief Operating Officer.
Include a link to the social media profile that best displays your work (personal or professional).